News – Vic/Tas
Click on the links below to read the latest news from Dial Before You Dig – Vic/Tas.
If you would like to stay up to date on the latest news from Dial Before You Dig, follow us on Social Media (see below, Connect With Us) or subscribe to the Dial Before You Dig newsletter which can be found on the homepage under “Subscribe”.
Dial Before You Dig is a proud sponsor of the inaugural Oceania Damage Prevention Conference, taking place from 20th-23rd August 2018 on the Gold Coast.
The conference will educate stakeholders on damage prevention and safe excavation, showcasing best practice examples and learnings from across the globe. Attendees will come away with practical tools and strategies they can implement in their workplace and community following the conference.
The Dial Before You Dig Vic/Tas team are excited to be sponsoring a study tour, offering Members the opportunity to win conference travel package worth $2,500. Dial Before You Dig Vic/Tas will cover airfares departing from Melbourne or Hobart, accommodation for 2 nights, all-inclusive conference tickets plus an organised site tour of a local civil project.
Congratulations to the following Members who submitted case studies outlining a significant asset strike they were involved with:
- Andrew Bambridge – Tas Gas Networks
- Salvatore Giuntalia – Downer Group
- Simon Sheahan – Auswide Civil & Plumbing
- Adam Fothergill – Zinfra
- Robert Oldfield – Energy Safe Victoria
Sharing information about recent incidents that have happened in our community is a particularly effective way for us to raise awareness and reinforce the importance of the Dial Before You Dig service.
More information about the conference is available at www.oceaniadpc.com.
- Aug’17 – In Tasmania, the Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) is now a Member of Dial Before You Dig – Vic/Tas; protecting and managing the State’s natural and cultural assets, which can include information about the presence of Aboriginal heritage sites.